WHAT WE DO

What you see: Timeless designs with coded bead patterns. What’s behind: Sustainable materials, fairly produced, using traditional craftsmanship.

Manakaa Project contrasts the old Indian craftsmanship with coded bead patterns and precise, minimalistic cuts. The detailed embroidery of finest Japanese glass beads is applied pearl by pearl to selected, sustainable materials using simple embroidery frames according to traditional methods.
We set the highest standards for fairness, transparency, sustainability and craftsmanship. For us, these aspects do not contradict high-quality and sophisticated design. The result is a collection of unique pieces – silk blouses, cashmere jumpers, sweatshirts, trousers and jackets with complex graphic embroidery made of Japanese glass beads.
Code

How we do it: Sustainable…

How far can you promote sustainability before you fail in reality? We try to expand this limit ever day.

When you look at sustainability in fashion, you quickly realize that it is still very difficult to produce in a 100% sustainable manner.
Nevertheless, almost all materials in our production chain meet the highest ecological and sustainable standards. That includes the non-violent Ahimsa silk production from India, sustainable cashmere from Mongolia, exclusive organic merino wool from Germany and the final manufacturing process in Europe.
Currently, approximately 85% of our garment components are GOTS certified and meet the highest eco-text standards. The remaining 15% of our materials are manufactured in small, often family-owned factories. We are constantly looking for new organic alternatives and regenerated fibers to achieve the maximum standard of sustainability for our collection.
Ray

…And Fair

How can you enjoy something when you know that others have suffered for it?

Fair working conditions, especially embroidery and silk productions in India, are the basis of our label. That is why we invest part of our income in a social project in the Indian state of Jharkhand where we are committed to ensuring sustainable working conditions, limiting the existing risk of rural exodus and constantly expanding educational opportunities in the region, as well as childcare during working hours.
We believe transparency should be central to our philosophy as how and where clothes are produced. Therefor we would like to value the people who produce for us in laborious manual work just as much as the people who wear our clothes. Manakaa Project wants to take responsibility and ensure that everyone is treated with respect and appreciation. Because we all want to be seen: For what we wear, but also for what we create and what we are.
Wave